Many people dream of buying a new car, partly because they assume, sometimes wrongly, that it will be completely reliable and they will never have a real problems with it. Whilst a new car generally is very reliable and will have a manufacturer’s warranty for a period of years, some people do have problems with new cars, although thankfully it is quite rare.
Other people will buy a new car simply for the thrill of having the latest model, and because of that certain feel that a new car has, that used cars simply lack.
One of the most popular cars in India is Honda City, is also the best car of the year. This car has recently been endowed with a diesel engine and also several changes to this car. Here are 10 important things about the new which makes it one of the best cars on Indian roads:
1. Start: The version that we see at present is actually the fourth generation of the Honda City sedan. It was first introduced in the year 1996 with its second generation being launched in 2002 and the third in 2008. The fourth generation was launched in 2014 when the new Honda City was rewarded with a diesel engine.
2. Fuel efficiency: The new Honda City is one of the most fuel economic cars in India. Its 1.5 litre I-DTEC diesel engine is claimed to offer 26 kmpl, which makes it the second most fuel efficient car in the category.
3. Interiors: Talking about the cabin, the latest model of the Honda City is pretty different from the earlier models. The finish is of improved quality and the instrument cluster looks improved than ever.
4. Great features: The new model is packed in with features such as Bluetooth connectivity, powered ORVMs, keyless push-button start, rear parking camera, bottle holders, storage cubicles, ABS, airbags for front passengers, a sunroof, and info-rich instrument panel.
5. Space: The space provided by the new generation is the same. Its dimensions are nearly the same except for its wheelbase which is now a bit greater than the last version, thereby adding more comfort level on the inside.
6. Under the hood: The new generation Honda City is driven by the 1.5 litre petrol and diesel units. Both the engines are highly fuel efficient. The petrol engine is of the same configuration and delivers same output as the previous model, the diesel engine, on the other hand, produces 98 bhp of output.
7. Transmission systems: Honda has offered two transmission options with this car. The models driven by oil burners come with a 6 speed manual transmission. The petrol variants are available with both manual and automatic gearboxes.
8. Trim models: Each variant has been offered with three trims – the E, the S, and the V. The base model is the E variant that does not come with all the features and equipments. The other two trims come equipped with several features and gadgets.
9. Price tag: The new Honda City is loaded with many more equipments and offers more space than the earlier versions. The pricing is attractive and promises great value for the money. The Honda City on road price starts with INR 8.93 lakh in Delhi and goes up to 13.82 lakh.
10. Availability: Honda offers a very well connected dealership network in India. By using their dealer locator tool it is easy to book yourself a test drive for the all new Honda City.