The Mazda MX-5 Miata recently celebrated their 30th Anniversary of the car and also launched a special edition of the car as a tribute. Only 500 customers we entitled to get an opportunity to buy this legendary sports car that has been under manufacture since 1989. In the span of 30 years, the Mazda MX-5 Miata has gathered more than 280 awards from different international award ceremonies and honorary awards at Auto Shows. Now it has added another award under its name “The Best Convertible” Award at Motorweek Driver’s Choices. This is even more significant because this is the second consecutive year that MX-5 Miata has achieved the award.
Fans and customers of Mazda MX-5 Miata have been supporting this legendary sports car for 3 decades now. It has successfully stood the test of time and has reached this position. Have a look at some features and specifications of the 2019 Mazda MX-5 Miata. This will help you to know why it has bagged the award once again. But before you move on to the next section, you can contact Chandler Mazda how to get a closer look at the brand new 2019 MX-5 Miata.
Why the Mazda MX-5 Miata Won the Award 2nd Time?
The Mazda MX-5 Miata comes with a myriad of excellent features which we have observed during it’s launched. In this price segment, no other convertible was able to provide the features and specifications which MX-5 Miata houses. Have a look at the different features of this convertible.
- Under the hood, the MX-5 Miata houses the brand new SKYACTIVE-G 181-hp 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine that can produce 7500rpm and can reach a speed of 0-60mph at just 5.8 seconds.
- Several i-ACTIVSENSE safety features have been included like the Smart City Brake Support, Blind Spot Monitoring, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Dual front airbags, Side impact airbags, Side impact door beams, Lane Change Alert etc.
- The convertible also has an excellent mileage with the Grand Touring variant of the MX-5 Miata delivering 36 mpg and a hardtop RF Club managed to deliver 37 mpg.
- Mazda offers excellent manufacturing warranty. It offers 3 years or 36,000 miles on the Limited Warranty and the Powertrain covers a warranty of 5 years or 60,000 miles.
- The cabin is now much better than the earlier versions with brilliantly cushioned seats and excellent leg space in spite of being a convertible. Some features that have been included are Entry and Start System, Push button ignition, Heated seats with 3 heat settings, Auto Climate Sensor etc.
As you can see that the Mazda MX-5 Miata comes with so many exciting features and some of them are absolutely new. The convertible comes in three different variants – Sport: $26,625, Club: $30,485 and Grand Touring: $31,675.
The higher you go, the better the features become. However, the engine and performance remain to be almost the same in all the variants. That is why it has become even more popular among the people. Mazda dealership Chandler can show you all the three variants of the vehicle in their showroom.